Saturday 18 February 2012

The Big Four

Now you know a little bit about the 4 big Ikebana schools( from the previous post)!  Let us  then continue and have a look on some video tutorials and examples  that  would help us further our understanding. 


In this video she teaches the very basic of Ikenobo as well as going through the different containers that are used in the arrangements. Visit this website for more info: visit www.morikami.org.




Sogetsu Ikebana. It's a video of an exhibit from Ikebana students in Los Angeles. I hope you enjoy it.



A demonstration of Ohara Ikebana from Grand Master Reiko Kawamura. :)

Another demonstration of Ohara :




Misho Is a little bit Harder to find, this is the best one I could get. I will update it as soon as I get a better one.

It's simple yet beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. It's pretty cool how flowers and other materials can be arranged together to make a great masterpiece at the end. This probabaly makes a great atmosphere for others in business offices or on the main floor when seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like flowers and I usually give bouquet to my friends or relatives on various occasions. I never thought that flower arrangement is an art. So many types of flowers we can arrange and make a master piece. I am glad to see how Japanese flower arrangement is attracting the world. Flowers are best to express emotions and the art of flower arrangement helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete